Friday, October 10, 2014

ADJOURNING PHASE



The adjourning stage of the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) food program is winding down and even though pressure was put on a few of us to complete the paperwork that others claimed they did we really felt good. It was a real challenge for us but we survived. This bought the team closer together and it enabled all of us to be more helpful and supportive of one another. Even though the high performing didn’t begin until we were in a jam it was really hard to say good bye. We set aside a day and we all went out to dinner after getting word that the audit went very well. Some of the individuals that never worked together became close and starting working on other projects together and relying on each other more. Many of us keep in contact with each other and we provide support to one another no matter at what cost. 

The group of us that worked together was very clear about what had to be one and the time frame involve. There are many closing rituals I have experienced but the one that I feel is important was to address those who worked on the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) project. I let them know that the project we worked on required leadership, planning and cooperation. This project is something we will have to go through again. What we went through was only the beginning. Each of us here played a major part in getting this work done however we will still need to keep abreast and make sure the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program)  is being done daily and properly. It is our mission to make sure that continues.

In closing, I look forward to standing here and working with each and every one of you upon successful completion of this project. I would like to extend my thanks to each and every one of you. As a token of my appreciation the center will be giving each of you a paid day off on us. Thank You Again.

While working on my master’s degree I imagine that I will adjourn from the groups, colleagues and instructor just about the same. I don’t know about the paid day off but I will show my appreciation for all the help and support I received from everyone.

Adjourning is an essential stage of teamwork. At this stage I find that it is important to achieve closure for the group doing so on a positive note. Group members may begin to feel a sense of loss and their motivation may decline when the group's work comes to an end. With that being said I find it is very important to recognize the group members for their accomplishments and celebrate the group's overall success. As a director and leader of my team this is important to the future success of all members.

Reference:

Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html

No comments:

Post a Comment