Friday, May 15, 2015

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels


                                                               Community

The first state organization I chose is PennAEYC.  PennAEYC is the voice of early childhood in Pennsylvania. PennAEYC is a State Affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). PennAEYC represents all NAEYC members in Pennsylvania, (which I am a member of) including those in local affiliate groups as well as those unaffiliated with any local affiliate.  I chose them because they offer professional development, advocacy support, networking, leadership, and other opportunities for early childhood professionals like myself. They build, participate, collaborate and connect across the state level. I have used them in providing networking. PennAEYC's vision is that every child in Pennsylvania has the equal opportunity to be a successful, responsible, and productive members of society as a result of their early childhood experiences which is something I totally agree with. There are currently no job opportunities available.

The second organization is the Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC). They focus on empowering early childhood educators in the Delaware Valley with vast resources, support and motivation. So every child from birth to age 8, may receive the best care and education possible. Since our child’s future depends on us. I too am committed to creating a path that allows them, and their teachers, to reach their full potential. As a director and leader I am very much interested in their Leadership Empowerment Action Project (LEAP). They also offer assistance with career advising, professional development and Keystone Stars which my agency is a part of. There are currently no job opportunities available for me.

The third organization I chose is PACCA. The Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) is a statewide non-profit organization.  PACCA exists to be a strong and effective advocate for quality early care and education programs which is of great importance to me. I like the fact that they strive to give leadership and support to those organizations that assist the Early Childhood Education community, families, and children. I am a firm believer and advocate for early childhood education. My entire staff and I are members of PACCA. I like the information that is available if you want to start your own childcare center. In addition they have a great deal of resource information for parents. They can assist you in finding quality child care. There are no employment opportunities available that would interest me.
 
Reference:
PennAEYC (n.d.). Retrieved on May 15, 2015 from: http://www.pennaeyc.com/Pages/default.aspx
Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC), (2015).  Retrieved on May 15, 2015 from: http://www.dvaeyc.org/
Pennsylvania Child Care Association, (2012). Retrieved on May 15, 2015 from: http://www.pacca.org/
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment